Services Supplement for CMMI-DEV
This one-day course introduces service providers, appraisal team members, and process group members to CMMI fundamental concepts related to service delivery. The CMMI for Services (CMMI-SVC) model defines effective practices that ensure quality services are delivered to customers and end users. Some types of services that would benefit from using CMMI-SVC include operations, logistics, maintenance, IT, and many other services in government and industry.
The course is composed of lectures and class exercises with ample opportunity for participant questions and discussions. After attending the course, participants will be able to describe the CMMI-SVC model, discuss the model's process areas, and locate relevant information in the model.
This course, with its prerequisite, Introduction to CMMI for Development, fulfills a prerequisite for any course or role requiring an official CMMI Institute Introduction to CMMI for Services course. It is designed for professionals who have already taken the Introduction to CMMI for Development. A three-day Introduction to CMMI for Services is recommended for those who have not yet taken an introductory course.
Before registering for this course, students must successfully complete the Introduction to CMMI-DEV course.
- Service providers and process implementers
- Candidate CMMI-SVC instructors and lead appraisers
- CMMI-SVC appraisal team members
- Anyone interested in learning about CMMI-SVC
This course enables participants to:
- Understand how CMMI-SVC can help a services organization improve their performance
- Describe the unique elements of CMMI-SVC
- Locate information in the CMMI-SVC model
- Services Overview
- CMMI-SVC Unique Process Areas and Service-Related Specific Practices
- Next Steps
Included with this Workshop
Participants will receive the CMMI-SVC text book and a notebook containing the course slides and exercises. Students who successfully complete the class will also receive an official certificate of completion.