Successfully Managing Requirements
This two-day workshop enables participants to successfully develop the necessary skills for managing requirements and provides methods for documenting, validating, and managing requirements. The course begins with an in-depth study of the CMMI Process area Requirements Management (REQM). During exercises, students analyze their own work products and organization process descriptions to determine their consistency with the REQM goals.
Using the methods taught in the course, students create or adapt their own requirements management process and develop practical value-added templates and checklists that can be used for managing requirements to meet their needs.
The course is highly interactive and composed of exercises, discussion, and presentations. After attending the course, you will be able to describe the REQM process, apply the concepts in your organization, and build a usable set of processes and process assets.
- Business analysts
- Sales and marketing staff
- Project managers
- Product managers
- Work leaders
- Quality Assurance personnel
- Anyone interested in managing requirements
Successful completion of this course will enable participants to:
- create a requirements management process and supporting materials
- evaluate a set of requirements to ensure they form a sound baseline
- prioritize requirements
- establish requirements traceability
- establish a system for managing and tracking changes
- determine the impact of requirements changes
- maintain a consistent set of plans and work products
- Basic concepts and terminology
- Documenting requirements
- Prioritizing requirements
- Rating and ranking requirements
- Validating requirements
- Tracing requirements
- Managing baselines
- Controlling changes
- Updating plans
- Institutionalizing requirements management
Included with this Workshop
Participants will receive a course notebook with the course slides, an exercise booklet, and example templates. Students who successfully complete the class will also receive an official certificate of completion.