Conducting Value-Added Quality Audits
This three-day workshop helps students learn effective methods for conducting, analyzing, and reporting the results of work product and process audits. Classroom discussions and exercises cover alternative ways to organize the efforts for Process and Product Quality Assurance (PPQA), the key activities that need to be accomplished, and the processes that are needed. Material is drawn from the CMMI, guidance from the Project Management Institute, IEEE software development standards, and industry experience with varied approaches to PPQA.
Using the methods taught in the course, students create or adapt their own PPQA process and develop practical value-added templates and checklists that can be used to meet their needs.
The course is highly interactive and composed of exercises, discussion, and presentations. After attending the course, you will be able to describe the PPQA process, apply the concepts in your organization, and build a usable set of processes and process assets.
- PPQA auditors
- Senior management
- Project managers
- Work leaders
- Anyone interesting in learning more about PPQA
Successful completion of this course will enable participants to:
- specify the skills and abilities needed by PPQA staff in their organization
- specify the process, supporting artifacts, and tools for PPQA
- plan and conduct a PPQA audit
- help a project manager or work leader tailor and use organizational processes, based on project or work needs
- coach project teams to use project processes effectively and efficiently
- identify an appropriate organizational structure for PPQA
- Definitions of quality and PPQA
- Skills and abilities for PPQA
- PPQA roles and responsibilities
- Developing the PPQA process and supporting materials
- Tailoring processes to fit project needs
- Coaching project teams
- Alternative organizational structures for PPQA
- Evolving the PPQA function
- Institutionalizing the PPQA process
Included with this Workshop
Participants will receive a course notebook with the course slides, an exercise booklet, and example templates. Students who successfully complete the class will also receive an official certificate of completion.