Development Supplement for CMMI-SVC
If you've taken the Introduction to CMMI for Services course and you want to learn more about development, this course is for you. This one-day course introduces you to the CMMI for Development (CMMI-DEV) model, which describes effective practices for developing quality products for customers and end users.
The course is composed primarily of class exercises, discussion, and presentations. After attending the course, you will be able to describe the CMMI-DEV model, discuss the model's process areas, and locate information in the model.
This course, with its prerequisite, Introduction to CMMI for Services, fulfills a prerequisite for any course or role requiring an official CMMI Institute Introduction to CMMI for Development course. It is designed for professionals who have already taken Introduction to CMMI for Services. A three-day Introduction to CMMI for Development course is also available for developers who have not yet taken an introductory course.
Before registering for this course, students must successfully complete the Introduction to CMMI-SVC course.
- Service providers who also develop products
- Process improvement group members
- Potential instructors
- CMMI-DEV appraisal team members
- SCAMPI Lead Appraisers and SCAMPI B and C Team Leaders
- Anyone interested in learning about CMMI-DEV
This course enables participants to:
- Explain how CMMI-DEV can help a development or service organization to improve its
- Development processes
- Describe the unique elements of CMMI-DEV compared to CMMI-SVC
- Locate information in the CMMI-DEV model
- Consider when to use CMMI-SVC and when to use CMMI-DEV
- Comparing concepts in service and development
- Differences and similarities in CMMI-SVC and CMMI-DEV
- Overview and detailed review of development content in CMMI
- How services might help development
- Lifecycles in service and development
Included with this Workshop
Participants will receive the CMMI-DEV text book and a notebook containing the course slides and exercises. Students who successfully complete the class will also receive an official certificate of completion.