Introduction to CMMI for Services
If you want to learn how to ensure the effective delivery of services, this course is for you. This three-day course introduces you to the CMMI for Services (CMMI-SVC) model, which is a comprehensive set of guidelines that helps organizations to establish and improve processes for delivering services. The course provides the knowledge you need to begin using CMMI-SVC in your organization. This course is a prerequisite for any certification or subsequent course that calls for an Introduction to CMMI requirement.
CMMI-SVC adapts and extends proven standards and best practices to reflect the unique challenges faced in service industries. This set of guidelines also serves as a practical framework for achieving superior service quality, controlling costs, improving schedule performance, and ensuring high levels of customer satisfaction.
The course is highly interactive and composed of exercises, discussion, and presentations. After attending the course, you will be able to describe the CMMI-SVC model, apply the model's process areas, and locate information in the model.
Successful completion of this course requires that participants actively participate in classroom discussions and exercises, not missing any classroom time.
This course fulfills a prerequisite requirement for many CMMI Institute courses (e.g., Intermediate Concepts of CMMI, CMMI Level 2 for Practitioner, CMMI Level 3 for Practitioners, SCAMPI Lead Appraiser Training, and Understanding CMMI High Maturity Practices). People who will participate as SCAMPI Appraisal Team Members on a CMMI-SVC appraisal must also take this course.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
- Service providers and customers
- Process improvement practitioners and champions
- Appraisal team members
- Instructors and lead appraisers
- Professionals interested in service management concepts
This course enables participants to:
- Determine whether CMMI-SVC applies to your business context
- Learn effective practices for defining, establishing, and managing services
- Sustain your improvement
- Prepare for next steps, such as an appraisal or certification
- Describe the components of the CMMI-SVC model and their relationships
- Discuss the process areas
- Describe the model content
- Process Improvement Concepts and the CMMI
- Overview of CMMI-SVC
- Defining, Establishing, and Delivering Services
- Monitoring and Controlling Services and Work Products
- Ensuring Service Mission Success
- Sustaining Improvement
- Making Work Processes Explicit and Measurable
- Managing Decisions, Suppliers, and Standard Services
- Creating a Culture to Sustain Service Excellence
- High Maturity
- Planning Your Next Steps
Included with this Workshop
Participants will receive the CMMI-SVC text book and a notebook containing the course slides and exercises. Students who successfully complete the class will also receive an official certificate of completion.